"Bognor Cottage adjoins Sudley Lodge, and was erected by Mrs. Esdaile, having been removed from Aldwick in consequence of the encroachment of the sea. It is now the property and residence of Christopher Teesdale, Esq."
The Bognor Guide, Containing the History of Bognor, and the History and Antiquities of Several Adjoining Parishes, including and Account of Goodwood, Arundel Castle, etc., etc. and the Roman Remains at Bignor , Petworth: Printed by John Phillips, 1838, page 16.
Check out the Earl of Arran's 1830's resort development plan on google books: